Share Your Internet Story and Receive a Gift in Appreciation!
I am in the process of assembling a collection of heartwarming, life-altering, first-person accounts focusing on how the Internet and online communications have affected members of our seniors community.
If the Internet has had a positive effect upon your life, if it's connected you with distant family members, loves old or new, served as a resource for life-saving medical information, provided you emotional support in a time of need, whatever your experience, I would like to hear from you.
If your story is selected for publication, a "Mr. Modem" mouse pad (destined to become a collector's item!) will be sent to you in appreciation. Even if you don't want the mouse pad, I will track you down and find you.
- Stories must be true and written in the first-person -- told in your own words and reflect your own Internet experiences.
- Don't worry about about grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. Your story will be edited and tidied up before publication.
- Your story should be a maximum of 500 words.
- Your submission must include your name, and the city, state/province and country where you currently live. Your name and city/state will be published UNLESS you request to remain anonymous. Your email address will not be published with your story.
- By submitting a story, you are promising that:
- Your story is true and is your story, not your brother-in-law's neighbor's friend's sister or other person's story.
- There is no legal reason you cannot submit your story to Mr. Modem for publication.
- If you claim any copyright on your story, by submitting it to Mr. Modem, you grant the non-exclusive, royalty-free right to publish it in any form and in any medium, electronic or print.
In exchange, Mr. Modem promises that he or members of his staff --well, okay, there is no staff. Mr. Modem promises that he will:
- Review your submission and, if it is accepted, edit it for publication.
- Include your name and location as the author when it is published unless you specifically ask that it not be included.
- Notify you by email that your story was selected for publication and advise you that your mousepad is on the way!
Please send your Internet-based heartwarming, life-altering, wonderful story to Mr. Modem.
All submissions will be acknowledged.